If you like counting down the days to anything and everything, then this Countdown Plaque is something you need! Whether you are counting down to a birthday, a holiday, a vacation, days until school ends or begins, days until Grandma and Grandpa come to visit, days until a movie is released….you get the idea, you can customize the Countdown Plaque for your own countdown needs. The frame is removable so you can switch out the picture or subway art. The cabinet pulls on the bottom are to hang your countdown candy chain.
- 5×7 frame
- wood plaque (I bought mine at Michaels)
- cabinet pulls (I bought mine at Home Depot)
- wood trim, cut to size (I found it at Michaels)
- paint – whatever color you like best
- paint brush or foam brush
- Velcro Command Hanging Strips
- Wood glue
- Aerosol clear matte finish spray
- Lightly sand any rough places on the plaque with your sandpaper.
- Line up the wood trim on the plaque almost at the bottom. It is best to place the frame on top of the plaque as well to see what spacing you would prefer. Trace around the wood trim with a pencil. Remove the trim. Using wood glue adhere the wood trim to the plaque. Let dry.
- Paint the plaque including the wood trim your favorite color. Let dry.
- I sprayed on a clear matte finish just for a little added protection.
- Place your frame on the plaque and adhere with Command Hanging Strips.
- Attach the cabinet pulls. I found it easier to line up the pulls on the trim, mark the spot, drill a hole from the front to the back, then screw in the cabinet pulls.
- Attach a picture hanging clip to the back or more Command Hanging Strips to hang on the wall.
- When you are ready to coundown something remove the frame, add in a picture or subway art then replace the frame on the plaque. We like to make candy countdowns with any type of candy, plastic wrap, ties (like christmas wrapping ribbon). Create an extra long loop at one end to loop it over the cabinet pull. Each day cut above the last piece of candy.
The Countdown Plaque would make a great gift. Make the plaque and print out the text art for the holiday’s below.