We are having raspberry everything in my house right now and I love it! I have been picking about 2 cups from my raspberry bushes each day. We have more on the vines but those end up in my kids mouths before we make it to the kitchen! Our Homemade Raspberry Syrup as well as this Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast are easy recipes. This is an overnight french toast recipe or if you love breakfast for dinner just prepare this early in the morning.
Before you start making this Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast you need to put the cream cheese in the freezer for at least an hour. I have put mine in the freezer for a couple days because life happened and I had to switch game plans. That is ok as well. After the brick of cream cheese is frozen, grate it. This will allow for even distribution of the cream cheese all over the bread and will allow it to fully melt. I like to cut the brick in half and let my food processor attachment grate it for me. Quick and easy!
In a blender add the eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend it all up until it is well combined.
Cut the bread into about 1″ cubes. I have used texas toast but because it is so thick use 11 instead of 12 slices.
Generously grease your 9×13 baking dish. I always think I am greasing mine enough but it never fails something gets stuck!
Add half the bread to the baking dish. Top it with all the grated cheese.
To get an even distribution of jam, drop spoonfuls all over the bread cubes. Throw in a few fresh raspberries if they are in season. The more the merrier.
Add the rest of the bread cubes on top and then pour the egg mixture all over everything. I want to make sure all the bread is absorbing the egg mixture so I lightly press everything down to let the bread soak in the egg. Just because I like my french toast with cinnamon I lightly sprinkle some more all over the top.
Cover the raspberry cream cheese french toast with foil and let it sit in the fridge overnight or all day, about 8 hours.
When you are ready to start smelling the deliciousness put the french toast in the cold oven and set it to 350 degrees F. Let it cook for 30 minutes with the foil and then remove the foil and let it bake for another 30 minutes.
About halfway through is when my kids start making their way to the kitchen trying to figure out where that smell is coming from. We love eating our Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast warm with extra fresh raspberries, powdered sugar or with Homemade Raspberry Syrup.
- 12 slices home-style white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, frozen over night
- ⅔ cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a blender combine eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Grate the cream cheese.
- Pour half the bread cubes into the bottom of the pan.
- Top with all the grated cream cheese.
- Drop spoonfuls of the jam all over the bread cubes.
- Add the remaining bread cubes over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything.
- Lightly press the bread down to coat it with egg.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Put the casserole in a cold oven. Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes with foil on the top. Remove the foil and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with Raspberry Syrup.